All the information and contents (contents being text, design and graphics) shown on this Web Site are the property of Thomas Høven, and are protected by U.S., U.K. and other foreign copyright and trademark laws. By accessing this Web Site, you agree to the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree, you have no right to use this Web Site. There are no warranties with respect to this web-site and it's content. It is provided "as is" with no warranty. No liabilities for any losses or injuries arising from it's use will be accepted.
This site collects no information about users unless they choose to send me an e-mail using the provided e-mail feature, or leave a note in my guest-book. This site does not use the cookie-feature, unless you choose to click on an advertisement. I will never disclose any personal information to others for any purpose. I can not take responsibility for data acquired by others from this site using illegal or unauthorized access or methods.
You are not allowed to use the material found on this site without my written consent. The only exception is if you want to download to read offline. In this case you are not allowed to make the material available to anybody else. If you link to my site, the safest is to link to index.html, as the other pages may change names or locations, even if such changes are unlikely. Hot-linking to individual images is not permitted. Links shall be made to complete HTML pages so that they appear as when browsing this web-site. If you find useful hints in my HTML code, you are of course free to use that code, unless the code itself contain a copyright or owner's notice. The text in any code which is readable for the person browsing my web-site remains my property and may not be copied without my consent.
If you have questions or problems with the material presented on this web-site, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. If any material here is suspected to be illegal or compromize anybody's copyrights, it will be removed.
For photographs, I will accept different terms and conditions depending on it's use. I have added this as I have received some questions about use of my photographs, not because photographic sales is a main source of income. There are five types of use allowed for photos taken by Thomas Høven:
1. Download for offline reading or use as a background on a single, private computer: You do not need any permission to do this. You are not allowed to forward copies of any of my photographs.
2. Use on a personal and private, non commercial web-site: You do not need a permission to do this for images downloaded from my web-site, but the following text must be placed next to the photograph as shown on your web-site: (c) Thomas Høven, www.thomashoven.com. Alternatively only (c) Thomas Høven and a hyperlink to www.thomashoven.com, like this: (c) Thomas Høven. An e-mail notifying me about this is encouraged, but not required. You are not allowed to forward copies of any of my photographs.
3. Use by non-profit organizations: I will consider free use of individual images for a specific project, but only after written agreement that includes a description of the use of the photograph. My name shall always be published/printed together with any of my photographs. You are not allowed to forward copies of any of my photographs except as agreed in the written agreement.
4. For commercial uses, I will ask typically from 100 Euro for a single photo sent by e-mail up to 500 Euro for a collection of 20 photos on a CD-ROM. This will be a higher resolution file than those on my web-site. You will have the right to use these images in your own organization and for the business it does (to be stated upon purchase) for a period of 10 years, but this will not be a sole right, and you will not be allowed to re-sell the images without my written consent. (This is sometimes referred to as "Royalty Free".) If you require a sole right, this can be granted for individual photos for an agreed period of time and area at an additional cost, typically 100 Euro for one year in one country to 1000 Euro worldwide for a longer period. (This is sometimes referred to as "Rights-managed".) The duration of sole right use may be extended - even indefinetely. If you wish to re-sell my photographs, you will be allowed a mark-up and distribution rights as outlined in the written agreement I will require for this type of use.
5. I may also sell prints, and can print up to A3+ (slightly larger than 11" x 17"), on a Canon S9000 quality inkjet and Photo Paper Pro paper. Larger prints are also available. Please e-mail me for details if you are interested. This will not include a right to re-sell copies of the print, but you will be permitted to sell the original print as purchased from me.
Some of the work related photos are not taken by me. In my commissioniong jobs, we have had digital cameras available, and several people took various shots and made them available to the entire project. All other photographs are mine (except those where I am in the picture), and I have originals on 35mm slides or digital recordings in various resolutions, all available in JPG format, some also in Canon RAW format. All photographs in the galleries sections are taken by me. The scans of the slide originals are not very good, they are done using a digital camera photographing off the image projected on a screen. One of these days, I may rent a good scanner to improve...
St. Petersburg, Russia, December 2004